Q: Does the dash cam record sound?
A: Yes, turn on the audio of the menu to record audio. You can also press the Down Button to turn off the sound in the settings.
Q: How is the battery life?
A: The dash cam has a small battery capacity, which can last about 15 minutes without power supply.
Q: What is the size of the screen?
A: The C420 is equipped with a 2.0'' TFT-LCD screen.
Q: Does this camera have a playback feature?
A: Yes, you can view the recording in playback mode. You’ll find a "lock" sign on the screen if the video is locked.
Q: What will happen if the storage of 32GB SD card gets full?
A: When you turn on the loop recording function, the previous files will be overwritten turn on when the SD card is full. You can change the interval time of loop recording in the settings (Cyclic Record).
Q: Does the screen stay on while driving?
A: The dash cam display is set to one minute by default. In other words, the display turns off after one minute. You can change the interval time in the system setting - Screensaver.
Q: How to transfer files to a computer?
A: Use a micro SD card reader or original USB cable to connect the dash cam to your computer, choose the mass storage on the screen of the camera, then your view the files on the computer.
Q: The screen prompts "Please format memory card", but I have already inserted the micro SD card?
A: Please check if the SD card has been formatted in the dash cam or your computer. If the problem persists, maybe you need to change it with a new 32GB class 10 premium SD card.
Q: When driving, the dash cam will beep and show a headlight symbol on the screen. What does it mean and how can I stop that?
A: It's the function "Headlight Warning", which means the dim light in the front has reached a certain degree. Therefore, this machine will make a notice and show a flashing icon. Please turn it off in the settings of "Headlight Warning".
Q: Should the dash cam always be on charging to keep recording?
Q: How many minutes of recording will the SD card hold?
A: The C420 can record for about 2 hours with a 32 GB SD card. Turn on the loop recording mode, it will overwrite the previous files when the SD card gets full, expect the locked files. We suggest setting the G-Sensor to "low" sensitivity.
Q: What is the supported temperature range for this dash cam?
A: The dash cam can withstand a temperature of -10 to 60 degrees Celsius (14°F-140°F).
Q: Can this cam record what happens inside the car for the Uber driver?
A: Yes. The mount allows 360° rotation.
Q: What is the operating voltage?
A: We would suggest a 12V-24V DC power system.
Q: How to format the SD card?
A: You can format the SD card on the menu of the camera, or format your SD card on the computer.
Q: What does it mean to lock a video?
A: This dash cam has a G-sensor function, which means it automatically saves footage when a collision or a crash happens, preventing the authentic video sources from overwriting.
1. Don’t disassemble the dash cam yourself to avoid damaging the internal components.
2. Don’t expose the dash cam under high temperature for a long time.
3. Please make sure that the dash cam is turned off before plugging in/out the SD card.
4. Please use lens cleaner or professional tools to clean the lens.
5. Fix the dash cam where the vision is not blocked, such as the place close to the rear-view mirror.
6. Please upload the important video to the computer in time, preventing the video is covered by the loop-recording mode.
7. The spare Mini USB port is not available for charging.
8. Press the Power Button for about 3s to turn on the dash cam.
9. Press the Menu Button twice and locate the Format.
10. Long press the Menu/Mode Button to switch modes.
11. If the camera is still working even after you turn off the engine, you need to long press the Power Button to turn it off.